vendredi 18 janvier 2013

What thirty minutes in a waiting room can do to your brain

A few days ago, I had to go to the doctor. I sat down in the waiting room and let me tell you, there was a lot of weird people in there. Especially a mother and her teenage son, who clearly, didn't care about people around them. 

- Pull your damn pants up, how many time will I have to tell you, dammit.

- Shuushh. (He said shusshh to his mother. He shuushhed her. No joke.)

- Oh you will not shush me, young boy.

- Shuush, you're annoying. 

So she grabbed his coat and said: 

- Just repeat that one more time and you know what's going to happen.

- Shuushh.

The boy got balls because his mom looked like a bear (not a teddy one, a scary one).

So all of this made me think about my son, in fifteen years. You know, THAT time. When he's gonna ask me how to use a condom, how to ask a girl out, how to get rid of all those pimples, if he can get a cell phone, if he can come back around midnight...

OR the other THAT time. When he's gonna tell me to go take a swim and drown in the pool, that I'm evil, that he wants more freedom, that everyone smokes pot so he can do it too or to shut the hell up. 

And please... People who tells me that I'm lucky because I have a boy, think twice. Yes, your daughter might want to wear a mini skirt at age eleven. But my son might throw eggs at all the houses in the neighborhood. And who gets all the attention from this? Me.

And all of this ''having a daughter is more complicated'' thing starts way early. I still hear people telling me: you're so lucky you're going to have a son. Changing a girl's diaper is hell, poop gets everywhere in the front. 

Huuumm... Have you ever tried to clean a crazy wrinkled bean bag covered with shit before

Yeah, that's what I thought. 

((Speaking of... Why in the world nobody told me a baby could get an erection? Now, I definitely have a better idea of the meaning of the word panicking. I was alone with Damien and I was going crazy. Two minutes later, Dr. Google calmed me down and told me it was normal. But again, I know so many moms out there and I can't believe nobody told me that before. Shocking.))  

Or: you're so lucky you're going to have a boy. Nowadays, girls want to wear makeup in elementary school and the next thing you know, she's preggo.

What about my immature son who is going to be a father at age thirteen when all he has in mind is skateboarding or hanging out with his brothaaas from anotha' motha'?

Yes, girls can be complicated. Girls whine and bite. But boys push and are agressive. 

Do you want more? Because I can give you more.

Girls put nail polish all over the walls. But boys jump off cliffs because they think they are Superman. Girls spill water everywhere when they are playing with their tea set. Boys destroy their Gi joe's and waste their Crayola set because they are too lazy to put the cap back on. 

Boys and girls are different, but at the end of the day, we all know that they are pretty much the same. 

I think the whole teen phase thing is scary only because I feel like everything looks complicated. 

I hear you all saying that I still have a lot of time ahead of me.

But I'm telling you, life goes fast.
Too fast. 

Have a great week-end! :) 




  

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire